PDA

View Full Version : stage 5

cherybomb09
02-15-2012, 05:53 PM
has anyone gone through the stage 5 certification with tom scotto (http://www.indoorcyclingcertification.com/cyclingfusion)? i have heard great things about scotto and his teaching but have not been able to talk to anyone who has actually done the certification. is it beneficial? very different than mad dogg? also, is it more comporable to actually riding outdoors?

Vivienne
02-16-2012, 07:34 AM
has anyone gone through the stage 5 certification with tom scotto? i have heard great things about scotto and his teaching but have not been able to talk to anyone who has actually done the certification. is it beneficial? very different than mad dogg? also, is it more comporable to actually riding outdoors?

Yes I have.

It's definitely a more technical certification than Mad Dogg......and I think in some ways almost presupposes a lot of prior experience. It's hard for me to really compare as I did my Spinning cert so long ago (but after > 2 years of taking classes and sort of preparing for it by working with intructors......I thought that's what people did!) and I do these sort of courses these days for different reasons. I don't know whether the format has changed but back when I did the training course, final "certification" required a sort of classroom field test. I didn't actually go for this. Don't get me wrong.....I'd pay Tom an arm and a leg to come along to my classes and give me a critique but, at that time, my gym was sooo quiet that I couldn't guarantee that, if we set a date for the assessment, there would actually be anyone there for me to teach. That'd be a bit lame, right?

Vivienne

renees
05-06-2012, 01:53 PM
i completed the first level of cycling fusion cert (http://www.indoorcyclingcertification.com/cyclingfusion) (cycling fusion and stage 5 have joined) on line. I got my initial cert. with mad dogg and this surely complimented & expanded my level of knowledge and tools in my bag so i fell well worth my $$. the emphasis and focus is on bridging and outdoor and the indoor ride which keeps what is done indoors true even if you don't ride outdoors and solid training foundation and principles. more information on biomechanics and using music which was very helpful. my only wish is that these training were offered in more locations as i feel live is always much better than on line. go for it.