PDA

View Full Version : Omg Right Place Right Time!

megale3
12-07-2005, 12:42 PM
I teach a class across the river in Vancouver Washington. At the club where I teach they‘ve just put in a Goodwill trade store and donation outlet. I pull into the parking lot of the gym and look over at the new up and running facility and notice a guy in a truck with trailer and 2 bikes in the back. One was an old Huffy and the other was an older JG Spinner but in beautiful shape. So the attendant is taking the huffy and is saying something about the "stationary bike" so I ran over there and asked the man if he was giving the JG away to which he replied "yes" I sad Man I'd take that he said "ITS YOURS" seem Goodwill didn't want it thinking that its just a exercise bike. I am freaking out because it’s an original red pro in beautiful shape and I have always wanted one at home but always put my money on my road bike. 2 minutes later I would have missed the guy leaving and 2 minutes sooner I would have been in the gym setting up-sometimes its a fraction of a minute-I also went out and bought a lottery ticket last night afterward- no luck :(
WOO hooo
Megale

Cheeze
12-07-2005, 01:28 PM
Good job Meg. We have one of those workhorses in the basement and just love it. When I first brought it home my wife rolled her eyes and insisted I would never use it. Now ............ I have to make a reservation to use the Spinner so I don't infringe on her workout time. It sits right in front of the TV/VCR so she can ride to the TDF. Had it for three years and haven't hung any laundry over it. (Haven't gotten up the courage to tell her "I told you so" yet) Enjoy!

Cheeze

megale3
12-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Thanks Cheeze and I am syked -hey is yours red too? with the air-e-ated chain guard which is black? nice color combo and in really good condition- except for the dusting and a seat it needs nothing.
Meg

soflgal
12-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Good for you Meg! I paid $700 for mine and gues what. I does turn into a laundry rack sometimes. I keep it fairly clean and jusmp in once in a while. But to tell you the truth after teaching 5 classes a week getting on my spinner is the last thing I want to do.

megale3
12-07-2005, 03:58 PM
You know I will try but then it will get alittle dust on it .I have always wanted to be able to evaluate rides without traveling to the gym and riding them just to find out that they wont work or need adjusting then to go back and fix them on the computer to take them back to ride ect.. plus hey if it snows....
Megale

GoSpin
12-07-2005, 11:19 PM
SWEET!!!

I am so jealous and happy for you at the same time!! Having access to try a profile without having to go to the gym - priceless, just like your new JG Spinner!

Congrats Mike!

GoSpin :)

mayor-of-anerobia
12-08-2005, 12:14 AM
...-sometimes its a fraction of a minute-I also went out and bought a lottery ticket last night afterward- no luck :(
WOO hooo
Megale[/quote]
Hey...who cares if you win the lottery? You'd be really rich and then get fat and lazy. So instead you scored a great bike, will look great and live much longer! ...Yeah me too, I'd like try it with the money..
Bob

megale3
12-08-2005, 12:34 AM
Definitely Bob It was just a split second of pure luck -if I had pulled into that parking spot 2 minutes later he would have been gone trying to find a place to dump it and if I had pulled into that spot 2 minutes before then I would have been inside the club and this thing would have gone down with out me knowing it. Hey Go I am going to will this thing to you after that enthusiasm! :cool: Thanks
Mike

kszspin
12-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Awesome Meg, I can't tell you how valuable it is to have a spinner at home. Put it near your computer where you mix you're music so you can "play" with your profile before you burn it! I originally got mine to save my sanity 2 yrs ago when we got military orders up to the middle of nowhere Alaska, but now I find it invaluable for creating profiles or just testing songs.;)

Cool how fate works:o

megale3
12-12-2005, 12:40 AM
COOL kszspin,
I was out there tonight cleaning it up and I put a Selle Italia seat on it to closer match the seat I have on my other bikes. I don't know about you but since I ride alot on the bikes at the gym during the winter that when I get on my rode bike again it feels strange when I get back on a real seat like my Fizik. How have you (you too anyone else) modified your personal stationary bike for home use? I will bring it in when I do my mixes. I am pumped and it really is fun seeing it there next to my road bike and mt bike in the garage but it just seems to fit in now.
Megale

kszspin
12-12-2005, 12:13 PM
The only modification is the pedals. I immediatley put on a set of Nashbar clipless pedals, never even installed the caged ones that came with it. Never thought about switching out the seat to something more like my road bike. I have a Felt and the seat is a little skinny thing! Way less wide and squishy like the spinner. Something to ponder though, thanks.

megale3
12-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Kelly,
Defiitely pedals! I have an extra set of looks I am thinking about using too. I am also considering little things like a polar craddle for the HRM and second water bottle cage too. Since this is an old Spinner would it be considered sacrilidge if I was to add a fender since those sweat drips are killer when they hit the pads? What do you think about a sissy bar and those neat little tassels for the ends of the bars LOL
Mike

kszspin
12-13-2005, 02:22 PM
Oh yeah baby, punk it up!:p
I'm such a girly girl that I would love to do that to my home spinner however....I share this 3rd bedroom of ours as a gym with my husband (sometimes rides it) and he uses the other half of the room for his hobbies (he has a big oak/steel work table), he reloads ammo, does some fly tying, and other guy stuff. I don't think he'd allow the tassles on the handlebars!:eek: