PDA

View Full Version : hips move

kelwend
11-21-2011, 09:33 PM
How are suppose to be the hips when you do the split move ? I mostly practice standing and during the split I think I am using my hip a little to much. I went to Sweat for a Vet and remember Mike Michels who do not move than at all, I think. They do not move when I take a lunge position of cause but feet hip appart. Do I have to change the Krank hight, or is the resistance not correct ? ...

hally
11-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Just wondering what is a "split move" and is it done on the bike?

CycleGuy
11-24-2011, 03:06 AM
Just wondering what is a "split move" and is it done on the bike?

Well, since this is in the KrankCycles section, I am guessing it refers to something done on the KrankCycle, not an indoor cycle. :)

Vivienne
11-24-2011, 04:33 AM
Well, since this is in the KrankCycles section, I am guessing it refers to something done on the KrankCycle, not an indoor cycle. :)

Yes......I made that same mistake when I accessd it via the "new posts".......you don't really notice the particular section then, do you?

I happened to spot it a bit later when I was looking for for an older post and realised.

Vivienne

hally
11-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Thanks Cycleguy, did not notice it was in the Krankcycle section. We have them on our gym floor but I have never used them, actually I have never seen anyone using one.

kelwend
11-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Split move is like the movement you do cycling. I have find the answear this morning practicing it, my muscles and body are just not yet used to the moved.
A shame Kranker did not feel the need to reply.
If you have one in your gym try it, it will also help you in your IDC classe (to understand and feel what is driving a flywheel). We have 1 in our gym, it is used by guys in wheelchair in each of my classe and for my self I used it during other instrutors IDC classe, it is a really good complement to cycling. As members of the gym see me often on it they start to ask questions ... I used it for myself and to show members how it can be a good alternative in your fitness program like that next year I will start to introduce Kranking classe when we will recived new Krankcycle.

Viking
12-08-2011, 07:51 PM
]Split move is like the movement you do cycling. I have find the answear this morning practicing it, my muscles and body are just not yet used to the m

i'm a cyclist...what is a split move???

rick316
12-09-2011, 03:56 PM
A shame Kranker did not feel the need to reply.

Sorry,I've been busy the past week or so and only just come on here.Do you have the answer you wanted or would you like me to go into detail? :-)

kelwend
12-10-2011, 08:09 AM
Rick I think that I am still using too much all my body sometime, the great thing it engage the core a lot how great is it to have your abd become rip Kranking !
I practice only standing ... on a lunge standing no hips move but feet "hip appart" there is a move, if I "keep" my hip steady I have to compensate a LOT with the back and shoulder.
Any info ? On how to improve it ?

I will start teaching in Januray, right now we are planning 4 sessions of 30minutes with time I plan to offer more option. But the main focus will be the technic as Kranking is I think REALLY technical.

Do you any idea if they Kranking is planning a training in the East coast area or in Montreal Canada ?

Thanks

rick316
12-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Pascal,

I have to be truthful with you,the whole 'hips still' part,I really don't understand and here's why. From day one when I used a Krankcycle,I watched,studied and duplicated what I was seeing. That was relaxed,flowing movements. The only technical which I make a point of doing - and I do so with safety of my body in mind - is keeping my elbows in,I do my utmost to not allow them to flair out. It isn't healthy for the elbows and can increase the stress in the shoulder. I like to vary my work and how/where I Krank from.Standing allows for more freedom of movement at first,but the more I was drawn into it,the more I liked sitting down and working on timing,pace,rhythm control,balance of power (side to side) & speed and expanding the circle for as long as possible.

I try this drill quite often: single right x4 turns,split x 4,single left x 4,split. I continue with that then gradually reduce the amount of rotations in the split.

When you are standing with a split,try to use the first couple of minutes with singles and focus on relaxing the shoulder blades so when you hook up the split,you should be able to maintain the relaxation.A common reason (I think) for tight shoulders/arms/back is if the handle is being gripped too tightly.Take a look at this and go light enough that you could hold a baby bird in your grip.It should help to maintain relaxation throughout your upper body. When you stand,it's very easy to over emphasise the pushing part of the circle but sitting down,that seems to disappear.

I'll take a look at the training schedule for those areas,I'm sure there's something coming up soon. Are these Krankcycles at a chain? What's the name/location?

Sorry the reply is a little back & forth but things kept coming to mind as I was typing. :-)

rick316
12-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Pascal,here's an excerpt from the Krankcycle® Fundamentals Manual that should clear this up:

"Upper-body rotational exercise on the Krankcycle® requires full engagement of muscles in the arm,shoulder & shoulder girdle. Stabilizers include all musculature in the torso,primarily the abdominals and low back,and the rotator cuff muscles to stabilise the shoulder. When Kranking is performed in a standing position,the muscles of the lower body will also engage for increased balance and stability.

Active movements of the scapula help increase the range of motion of the shoulder joint providing the recruitment of a larger muscle mass. This is a primary functional benefit of the Krankcycle®. The Krankcycle's construction enables an individual to perform both a shoulder and a more vigorous shoulder-girdle rotation. Also,the ability to move the whole body as you rotate the shoulder girdle not only helps recruit more muscles for a more vigorous workout but also enables you to respond more easily to musical rhythms."

Does this help? Let me know if you want me to elaborate....

yvonne
12-10-2011, 10:57 AM
Rick I think that I am still using too much all my body sometime, the great thing it engage the core a lot how great is it to have your abd become rip Kranking !
I practice only standing ... on a lunge standing no hips move but feet "hip appart" there is a move, if I "keep" my hip steady I have to compensate a LOT with the back and shoulder.
Any info ? On how to improve it ?

I will start teaching in Januray, right now we are planning 4 sessions of 30minutes with time I plan to offer more option. But the main focus will be the technic as Kranking is I think REALLY technical.

Do you any idea if they Kranking is planning a training in the East coast area or in Montreal Canada ?

Thanks

Hi Pascal!

I'm sorry for the delayed response, i don't visit the board often, but clearly I should be here more frequently! Rick's done a good job responding to your question thus far, but if i may jump in here to add a couple of cents ...

To put it as simply as possible, when you execute the split in the any direction, there is a good deal of torso rotation which allows you to activate the core (abdominals, obliques, serratus,), but you should not feel excessive movement of the hips when performing the movement -- especially in the forward direction. Take a look at your stance when your feet are side-by-side, if your knees are soft and relaxed, you should feel much more connected or grounded to the baseplate. If your stance is rigid, you will likely feel much more movement of the hips. Now having said that, there may be application to do so depending on the overall goal of your training plan, in terms of which muscles you're focusing upon.

Now, in general, when performing a retro or reverse split, you will likely experience much more movement, especially when you allow the shoulder to experience it's full range of motion. You're activating not only the muscles of the arm and shoulder, but now incorporating those involved in shoulder girdle activation, (elevation, retraction, depression, and protraction). If you take on a more relaxed posture as described above, you will likely feel much less movement of the hips, and more rotation in torso.

To answer your question about certification, we are negotiating workshop dates for the first quarter of 2012 right now! Please let me know where you are located, we may be able to schedule a session near you. We are definitely planning sessions in Ontario (Toronto area,) and just held sessions in Alberta and British Colombia, but have not scheduled a workshop in Quebec. When they're available, they'll be posted on our "Education (http://www.krankcycle.com/certifications.html)", and "Where to Krank (http://www.krankcycle.com/where2krank.html)" sections of our website.

Yvonne
Johnny G Kranking®

kelwend
12-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Thanks guys !
Rick and Yvonne I am gonna read and read again what you said, think about it and in my next practice feel and think about what you said.
In your help I already find some ideas on what to improve ... my next practice will be next Tuesday, I will let ou know.

Yvonne I am located in Hampton road Virginia but wife is from Montreal, we are planning to go next summer in Quebec for a month, I have already 2 bikes race planned but we could change our dates, I would prefer doing the training before the summer.

There are a lot of military base and hospital in Hampton road perhaps you guys have contact with them, they could perhaps be interested in a training. The chain I am working for have 1 Krankcycle per location only. We currently have 2 but I am working HARD to have 5 more for January.