PDA

View Full Version : 24hr Tour De France Challange

jwmoloney
08-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Hi guys,

I hoping to run a 24hr indoor cycling challenge in October, where by each hour represents a stage of this years Tour de France(to make up the full 24hrs we'll have a few stages from last year Tour also).

Has anyone run anything or been involved in anything similar(24hr event)??

amgoodrum
08-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Sounds interesting--is it for a certain charity or group?

pmen10
12-07-2011, 07:03 AM
More details, if you have it. Sitting on the bike for 24 hours?

catfish
12-17-2011, 09:14 AM
Just found this link to the 24 hr ride http://www.theinsideride.com/24hourspin/

A long time ago I was at a 24 hr ride in Canada . One of the folks involved in a big way was Lucinda Christian (Looch) who later became the education director of Spin program. The event was well organized. There was EMT's on site food snacks and entertainment mixed in throughout the 24 hrs. I remember the event went from 11 am till 11 am the next day. The most difficult hours were early morning hours, some riders pulled into groups of 3 and 4 to encourage each other. When the morning light started to come through the huge windows it was heart warming and encouraging.

some of the others that were there besides looch, were Tony (Tonan) Myers, Tweety, Angie and Bill Sturdavant, Bill (Foxman) Fox (RIP) and some others I cant remember the names.

Participants could ride any amount of hours they wanted I made 9 hours. Many went the entire 24. You might find infor about this ride doing and internet search for Gears 1st ever 24 hour spin out or something similar. Gears was one of the main sponsors it was held in Mississauga (sp) Canada a suburb of TorontoOr you may be able to contact lucinda Christian (looch) for better info than I can give you
Good luck
Catfish

Spin_me
12-19-2011, 07:44 PM
We have a very good 24h Event starting every year at the first Weekend in May. In 2012 it starts for the 8th time. 24 Classes, some Masterclasses, participants from whole european foreign countries, starting in teams with 2, 3 or 4 partner. Every class 50 minutes, 10 minutes time to change clothes and fill up the bottles. Sauna massage, catering at the bike and in the rest area.