PDA

View Full Version : When is the best time for you to ride?

Tolzer
11-02-2005, 02:42 AM
When is the best time for you to ride?

Tolzer ;)

laurieelizabeth
11-02-2005, 07:56 AM
I consider myself lucky. I have the luxury of being a stay home mom, I teach both spinning and yoga. I get the kids off to school. have a little time to myself and then head to the gym at around 8:30/9:00 perfect time for me and lots of others in my same situation....our gym is packed at that time.

holidaeb
11-02-2005, 01:06 PM
I really enjoy getting a nice ride in for myself in the early evening after work. Sometimes it is hard after a long day at work to get myself to do my own workout but then I remember how awesome I feel afterwards and how much more relaxed and content I am when I am at home. I also teach a cycle class at 5:15am on fridays, I gotta tell ya it is not fun getting up to go to it, but about 10 minutes in I feel so good and focused it always turns out to be a great ride.
At this time I am strictly and indoor rider. I am hoping to get a road bike soon and begin riding outdoors and to train for my first century ride! :)

spin2bstrong
11-02-2005, 02:45 PM
My ideal time to ride is around 9:30-10:00 a.m. - Have had a couple of hours to wake up and get motivated. Unfortunately I work 9-5 so I can only indulge myself with the 10am rides on the weekends. After work I'm usually bagged, but when I'm teaching I immediately become energized. And of course, no matter when I spin, I feel awesome when the class is done!

megale3
11-02-2005, 04:19 PM
Early morning and not indoors. Give me Multnomah Falls on a carless early morning and watch out for the deer!
I really dig my morning classes though they are the most dedicated and enthusiastic riders.:cool:
Megale

Dutchie
11-04-2005, 01:40 AM
I have a full time office job and since there are no AM classes I have no choice but to ride in the evening. Over here it is normal to go home first and then get ready to go to the gym. Most popular hours are 7.30, 8, 8.30. Until 3 months ago I taught Thursdayevening 8 pm and 9 pm!!! Yes, that's till 10 pm. Now the gym got more bikes and dropped the 7 pm classes (which were usually slow) so now we have 2 classes, one at 7.30 and one at 8.30 instead of 3 classes from 7-10 pm.

At my old gym I used to take a spin class on Sunday morning, either 10.15 or 11.15 and I really liked that because it really got you going for the day.