PDA

View Full Version : What to buy?

KatieC
02-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Greetings All - We are in the process of purchasing more bikes for our Spinning program. Unfortunately, the NXTs have been less than disappointing - many maint/safety issues. We are looking at Kaiser and Schwinn. Any feedback, recommendations greatly appreciated! Thank you ion advance ofr sharing your experience.

zoepup
02-03-2011, 01:47 PM
May I ask what specific issues you had with the NXT's?

Z

Funhog
02-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Hi Katie,
wait until the new release of the Keisers, because they will have adjustable handlebars (fore/aft) on the new ones, which was the biggest set-up and comfort issue with those. Otherwise, they are my preference if you want Power. Call them to find out when they will be available.

Otherwise, try the Real Ryder if you can find a place near you that has them. You need to ride them first. They are really fun, and well-built. They reward good technique, and are in general harder than a standard stationary bike - meaning, it's much harder to cheat on them!

I have not been on the newer Schwinn.

Lee
02-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Cyclops beats them all, IMHO. But they are pricey.

Funhog
02-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Cyclops beats them all, IMHO. But they are pricey.

I agree. The best product, the best and most accurate power meter.
But, they have priced themselves out of the typical market though. They have a specialized niche.

Todd S
02-03-2011, 07:41 PM
I agree. The best product, the best and most accurate power meter.
But, they have priced themselves out of the typical market though. They have a specialized niche.

Surprising we don't see more though in the $150 per month and up clubs.

Funhog
02-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Surprising we don't see more though in the $150 per month and up clubs.

Yeah, good point. Probably because their niche is not just "high end" club, but a "high end with a lot of serious road cyclists" club/facility. Kinda reduces the numbers just a bit...

KatieC
02-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks to everyone who responded. Feedback is good - now I have to add Cyclopse to the mix - not sure that's in the budget :)

rokride
02-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Is the Cycops 300 Pro good enough for a home trainer? They're more than the NXT and M3 but if they're that great and the 300 is okay for home, that's tempting.

The LeMond Revolution trainer looks like it could be really good but I'm reluctant to have my road bike hooked to a trainer so much. But I love that there's no tire wear or changing into a trainer wheel for it.
Any helpful thoughts? Thanks!

rokride
02-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Anyone want to weigh in on M3 vs. Cycops vs. RealRyder for home?

susieque
08-05-2011, 08:23 AM
The new spinners that were in use at WSSC were nice